Thursday, April 05, 2007

A new chapter in my life

I just wanted to give you all a little update. I submitted my official acceptance to the University of Minnesota today, so I will be starting graduate school in September for speech-language pathology. So in three years, I will have my master's and a new career. It's a little scary since I haven't said anything to my current boss or anyone at work, but I will have to turn in my notice at some point. As of now, I plan on waiting to do that until July or August. So wish me luck on saving money for tuition, etc.! I have 5 months to keep on working and saving money....then I'll be a poor college student again. At that point, I will be looking forward to any and all family gatherings where free food is involved.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Congrats Heidi! I'm so excited for you and this new adventure. I'm sure it seems scary but I know you'll be well taken care of :-) I can't wait to hear more about it. I wish you were going to be in Dallas for Easter so I could see you!

Kate said...

YEAH HEIDS! Anytime you happen to be able to get to Texas I'll feed you. Heck, anytime I can get to MN I'll feed you! YEAH FOR FREE FOOD!

Jess Lindsay said...

Way to have a direction in your life! :) Awesome and so exciting- and poor is the new sexy, so Yeah for that!