Friday, October 27, 2006

Josh's Favorite Films

Someone asked a few years back to come up with my top favorite 25 films. I said "OK" and finally stopped at 110. Here's the top 50.

I would like to dedicated #1 to Joe Lindsay for introducing this film to me, #23 to my family because its the best film to get them all laughing and #18 to Matt and Shelly because they hate this film almost as much as I love it.

Enjoy...


1 Raiders of the Lost Ark
2 Shawshank Redemption
3 Babe
4 Life is Beautiful
5 Moulin Rouge
6 Fellowship of the Ring
7 Sling Blade
8 Strictly Ballroom
9 The Usual Suspects
10 Schindler’s List
11 Return of the King
12 Batman Begins
13 Amadeus
14 Chariots of Fire
15 The Mission
16 The Matrix
17 The Prince of Egypt
18 Fargo
19 The Empire Strikes Back
20 The Hunt for Red October
21 The Last of the Mohicans
22 Shall We Dance (original)
23 Waiting for Guffman
24 The Two Towers
25 Braveheart
26 The Truman Show
27 Forrest Gump
28 Edward Scissors Hands
29 Raising Arizona
30 Memento
31 Traffic
32 The Muppet Movie
33 Good Will Hunting
34 Field of Dreams
35 Star Wars
36 Return of the Jedi
37 Dead Man Walking
38 L.A. Confidential
39 Fiddler on the Roof
40 The Godfather
41 Best In Show
42 A Mighty Wind
43 Camelot
44 Unforgiven
45 Big Night
46 Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
47 Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
48 E.T.
49 One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
50 Fried Green Tomatoes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. i really thought the princess bride would make a top 50 list. i will be comforted by the thought that maybe it was 51. (please don't kill my dream!) thanks for the list josh, gives me a few ideas of what to see next!

Katy said...

Josh,

First, let me say congratulations on the fact that you can even remember all the movies you've ever seen and know in which order you rate them. I cannot do that.

Second, I'll have to check out some of the movies I've missed.

and Finally, where is Dirty Dancing in all of this? That movie = America!