Thursday, November 30, 2006

SNOW! Kind of...

Growing in up IL/MN snow was a yearly thing - happy at first, then annoying as I had to scrape my car everyday. Here in TX it's a rarity, but I got to use my scraper today! My kids were thrilled over the flurries we had (not really anything I would consider full-blown snow, it was more like sleet that couldn't decide WHAT precipitation to be) and their eyes lit up. They lit up so much they were almost unable to concentrate on the songs we were singing! And I do not have a window in my room. I do not envy those with a window - nothing got done today in the classrooms. Though the teachers figured it out... "If you're good and we work hard for the remainder of the period we can go out side for the last 2 minutes of class". I couldn't bear the thought of herding children when the bell rang (not unlike herding cats), especially when they would have been enjoying this rare phenomemnon - I would feel guilty. So instead I made them stay in. I know, I'm the kind-hearted teacher you've always wanted. =)

No comments: