Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Driving cross country with Nana and Popart

Well, Art, Pat, and I (we called ourselves the 3 amigos on the drive, oh the adventures we had!) did make it home safely and without ever going more than 4 miles over the speed limit. Pat even threw in a turn and confidently, with both hands firmly at 6 and 3, drove us 2 hours closer to Springfield. Those two are just little dickens when you get them on the road and in Nashville Pat (going through withdrawal due to the new cooking arrangements during the reunion) just had to hold up some gourmet cooking store, making Art the get away driver and leaving me to cover my face in embarrassment! Oh, what Hudson, Tucker, and Piper dont know about their grandparents. Being as how we never went over 55 miles/hour it was a slow get away, but the hold-up was quicker than any bathroom break we took.
So now they are safe and sound back in Springfield and I in Chicago- I keep thinking about what I was doing 1 week ago today and it makes me miss my family. What a lovely lovely family-
love to everyone,
Jessie

1 comment:

Kate said...

My my! What adventures you amigos had! Our drives were always based on speed - how fast we could drive (safely), how fast we could get food into the car, how fast we could pee... ahhh the memories. Glad you're home safely and thanks for the comment - me and my creamy white skin are going to kick some middle-school butt in a little over a week! :)

Love you!
Kate