Thursday, August 03, 2006

Work = Not as fun as Myrtle Beach

Well, as I sit here in my cube at work reading your blog entries and browsing through pictures of Super Conner (great site, by the way), I think "man, I would SOOOO much rather be lounging on the beach, reading a book, cooking large group dinners, chasing little ones around on the beach, playing 'Mafia,' golfing, boogie boarding, go-karting (especially beating Andrew!) or just sitting around chatting with you all in the hot Myrtle sun (or in the cool air conditioning)." Meetings and deadlines are just not as much fun. But hey, what's not to love about my office's gray walls and the stale sounds of the ventilation system and fingers typing on keyboards?

Anyway, thanks for the great week, everyone! To all who couldn't make it, we missed you and hope to see you soon! I will get my pictures posted online soon, and to anyone else to who took pictures -- let us all know when they're online and where we can view them.

One more thing....
I predict that by 2009, Stacy and Taylor will start poppin' out babies, Alyse will be almost done with nursing school, Kate will be the lead in a DFW-area musical or opera, my Dad will have a regular gig singing at a jazz bar, Beth will add "yoga instructor" to her credentials and offer a class to her counseling clientele as a way to relax and meditate and I will be almost done with graduate school and about to become a speech therapist (that is....if I get accepted next year).

That's all I got. Have a great rest of the week!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Who-hoo! I'd better get working on that prediction - I LOVE IT!

Ciao baby!
Kate