Monday, August 14, 2006

A Letter from George & D

Hi Loved Ones,

I just had to sit down and drop a note to all of you.

First, thanks a bunch for the cards in remembrance of my up and coming 70th birthday. Joe, when you become 70 I’ll still be a-head of you and waiting.

The week in MB was delightful and great. I haven’t seen some of you in three years – we all change a bit, don’t we? The meals at the house were great (anyone want some whole chickens?) The Thursday night event was delightful; we all had a bunch of fun.

Carol, your and your helpers – I know there had to be some – did a great job all the way around. It takes a lot of time and planning to set up a week for over 40 adults and 13 children 6 and under. Wow, what an experience when we all get together.

I know Bill had a lot to do with the day at the golf course. We all enjoyed – and the Lunch that was provided was a final surprise. I am anxious to see the photo’s of the Golfers. Thanks a lot Bill and Carol!

Pictures and videos! If everyone would mail (Originals on CD or DVD I will pick up any cost) to me what they have I will archive them for the future and enjoy all from time to time. I just got through some of the videos I have (that are now on DVD’s) and enjoyed all events again. Laura and Kevin’s Wedding brought a tear. So did seeing the past generation again as they were. I even went back over the Lindsay Family Memories which brought me back to times most of you wouldn’t remember. I put that on DVD also. Anyone wants a copy let me know.

We were sorry we had to leave early. Would have loved to spend an extra day at MB but with all that was going on with Rob and his family we felt we were needed in Ft. Wayne. Update on Rob & Lois’s car – they picked it up Friday morning and drove home, all OK. Rob’s Dad got out of the hospital last Wednesday and will be watched closely for at least a couple of months. You just don’t fool around with a heart condition. Laura and Kevin ended up driving straight through to Ft. Wayne. About 50 miles south of Ft. Wayne Laura hit a truck tread standing up in the road and did a considerable damage to their car. The good news is that all of them are OK and the car made it back to the city fine (It was at 3am).

We sure enjoyed seeing the next generation coming up. They are sure a bunch of cuties and to think 3 more are on the way. Let us know due dates and when they get here.

Looking to see you all again.

Love to All,
D. & George Lindsay

No comments: