Monday, August 28, 2006

Prayer/Meditation/Good Thought Request

Not to be a downer, but a good friend of mine from Indianapolis was in a plane crash this morning. All four involved survived and are in the hospital in serious/stable condition (and I think the pilot is in critical condition). So I just thought I'd post this as a prayer request or request for good thoughts or whatever you see fit. Thanks! Perhaps we should add this section for future good/bad things?

If you want to read about the crash:
http://www.wthr.com
http://www.wishtv.com
http://www.indystar.com

2 comments:

Katy said...

I'm praying Heidi. Please let us know how your friend is doing.

Heidi said...

Just a little update:
My friend Janet is in the ICU, but last I heard she was in serious, but stable condition. Last night, one of my old co-workers was able to visit her, and she said that Janet was lucid, but in a lot of pain. Apparently, today the morphine has kicked in, which is good because she has a fractured lumbar and ankle. Her boyfriend, Jeremy, also has a fractured back bone (not sure exactly). His mom is doing better than Jeremy or Janet -- they're all in the same hospital. Unfortunately, Jeremy's dad (who was flying) didn't make it. Now I'm just waiting on more updates from co-workers on when Janet can have surgery, etc. I guess the surgeons are waiting to see if some other issues can get resolved first (but they're not saying what those issues are). Anyway, thanks SO much for the support and prayers, etc. I can't even begin to imagine how terrifying this whole ordeal probably is/was for all of them. It really makes you count your blessings, that's for sure.